Presets for Lightroom Mobile? Can it be True?
The day has finally come and we have been waiting for this feature FOREVER! So how could we not post about the ability to use Pretty Presets for Lightroom in Lightroom CC for mobile devices!!
Not only are our Presets now available for use in the Lightroom Mobile App, you can also sync them with Lightroom CC which makes getting those presets into your Lightroom Mobile app EASY!
First, I will show you how to sync our Lightroom Presets with Lightroom Mobile. Next, I will demonstrate how to use our presets in the mobile app. Finally, I will show you a helpful trick for managing your presets you will not want to miss.
In fact, you are not going to want to miss any of the information in this post - IT IS THAT GOOD!
How to Sync Lightroom Presets to Mobile
You won't be able to sync your presets directly from Lightroom Classic CC directly to the Lightroom CC Mobile App. You will need to use the Lightroom CC Desktop App as a middle man of sorts to get them there. If you are a Creative Cloud subscriber, you have access to download this app.
If you have previously installed your presets in the Lightroom CC Desktop Application you are one step ahead. When you open up the Desktop App after installing or updating both the mobile and desktop Lightroom apps with the current version, your presets should now be automatically synced to the Lightroom CC Mobile App.
If you have not previously added presets or want to add some additional presets, follow the steps as outlined below.
1. You will need to download and install the Lightroom CC Desktop App if you don't have it and make sure you have the most current version (at least the June 2018 update). **This is different than Lightroom Classic CC.
2. Launch Lightroom CC desktop version.
3. Go to File>Import Profiles and Presets. You'll need to navigate to where your presets are located/saved on your computer.
4. To finish this process, select the folders of presets that you'd like to add to your Lightroom mobile applications and then click Import. These presets will now be available in Lightroom CC and your Lightroom CC mobile app.
How to Use Presets in the Lightroom Mobile App
Now that your presets are properly installed, I will show you how to use them in the Lightroom Mobile App.
1. Open your Mobile App and choose a photo you would like to edit.
2. Go to the Presets section. You'll find it along the bottom of the screen but may have to scroll all the way to the right to find the option.
3. Once you click on the Presets section, it will open to a random preset collection. I have noticed the presets will not be in the same order that they appear in your Lightroom Classic CC - but they will ALL be there.
The collection name will be listed at the top of the preset menu with the individual presets listed below and you can scroll through all your available presets. To apply a preset, simply tap the preset name.
4. To change the collection of presets, tap on the collection name at the top of the preset options. Doing that will bring up a list of all the preset collections. Select the one you want and you'll be taken to a list of the presets in that collection.
I love that they include previews of each preset, even if they are a little small! A little trick to make them bigger is to turn your mobile device horizontal and they will show slightly larger.
5. If you don't like the effect of the preset you have clicked on, you can tap the undo arrow at the top of the screen or just choose a new preset to be applied instead of your previous choice.
6. To close the presets menu, click the "X".
7. Once you have added a preset and closed the preset menu, you can still make additional adjustments to color or exposure using the all the other options at the bottom of the screen!
Managing Presets in Lightroom CC Desktop and Mobile
If you are anything like me, you probably have LOTS of presets, and this last tip will be super helpful!
With the new update, you can now manage which presets you see in your presets menu! I LOVE that I can now turn off all the default presets that come with Lightroom since I prefer using my Presets from Pretty Presets - they are SO MUCH BETTER!
This option is available in every current version of Lightroom CC (however, for this tutorial we will concentrate on the steps for the CC Desktop and Mobile versions).
To manage your presets in the Lightroom CC Desktop version:
1. Open the Presets panel.
2. Click on the three dots (. . .) at the top of the Presets menu and select the "Manage Presets" option. This will open a list of all the presets you have currently installed with a little check box next to each one.
3. Uncheck any of the preset options you don't want to see in your Presets menu.
4. When you are finished, click "Back".
To manage your presets in the Lightroom CC Mobile version:
1. With a photo open click on the Preset menu at the bottom of the app.
2. When the Preset menu is open, click on the three dots (. . .) on the top of the screen.
3. Choose the "Manage Presets" option that will open at the bottom of the screen.
4. Click on the dot next to any of the preset collections you'd like to turn off. The dot will be on the left.
5. Click "Done" to save your selections.
Using your Pretty Presets for Lightroom on your Iphone or Android device is something we have wanted to offer our customers for a very long time, and we are so happy that we can now do that.
Just follow these simple steps outlined above to sync, use and organize your Pretty Presets whenever you choose to edit in Lightroom Mobile!
Keep in mind that Lightroom adjustment brush presets are still not able to be used in any of the Lightroom CC Desktop and Mobile versions (you can currently only use brushes in Lightroom Classic ). So, to use brushes in Lightroom, you will need to make sure you have Lightroom Classic CC installed and use the brushes there.
Bonus Info: You can also sync Lightroom Classic CC to the new Lightroom CC Mobile App so that you can edit and share photos across all of your devices. You can read more about this in our Lightroom Mobile Sync tutorial.
Do you have any questions or comments about Using Presets in the Lightroom Mobile App? Just leave us a comment below - we would LOVE to hear from you! And PLEASE SHARE this post using the social sharing buttons (we really appreciate it)!